Don't know what move to make?
We can help you build a secure financial strategy.
The financial planning process identifies and takes steps to achieve your key financial objectives (e.g. debt reduction, major purchases, retirement savings or education funding). It involves the development and ongoing review of a plan to determine if you are on track to meet your financial needs throughout the various stages of your life.
- Develop an understanding of your financial goals and objectives
- Assess your investment constraints and timelines, and your risk tolerance
- Coordinate with wealth management professionals to implement your financial plan
- Explain why it is important to update your plan when a material change occurs
- (e.g. new job, addition to family, change in marital status, etc.)
- Complete a periodic review of your financial plan, making adjustments where needed
Investment planning involves the construction and ongoing review of your investment portfolio. It covers all activities related to your portfolio, including selecting appropriate investment vehicles and determining and refining your asset allocation strategy – all with your investment objectives, time horizon and priorities in mind.
- Review your investment knowledge, objectives, risk tolerance and timelines
- Discuss and build an asset allocation strategy (percentage of your portfolio to be invested in cash, fixed income, equities, alternative investments, etc.)
- Select suitable individual investments
- Construct an investment portfolio
- Provide ongoing portfolio monitoring, review and re-balancing
The retirement planning process looks to determine your retirement goals and the necessary steps to achieve them. Retirement planning includes identifying sources of income, estimating expenses, projecting retirement income needs, implementing a savings program and effectively coordinating your post-retirement income sources by selecting the right retirement account types (RRSP, RRIF, LIRA, LIF).
- Complete a retirement income needs analysis
- Review current and expected retirement cash flow sources
- Help prepare a budget to reach retirement goals
- Discuss early retirement options
- Evaluate appropriate retirement strategies
- Select appropriate investments
- Develop strategies to minimize taxes and maximize retirement income
The estate planning process allows you to preserve your legacy. It involves developing a plan that can reduce the taxes and expenses of your estate, simplify and speed the transition of assets to the next generation and ensure that your beneficiaries are protected. This essential step maximizes the legacy to your family, charities and other beneficiaries.
- Help facilitate the preparation of a Will and the selection of an executor by engaging estate planning professionals
- Create strategies to minimize or defer taxes before/upon death
- Discuss multi-generational wealth planning and transfer
- Advise on investments and account structures to suit estate planning needs (e.g. joint non-registered accounts)
The tax planning process helps you to meet your tax obligations while achieving tax efficiency through a number of strategies. These tax minimizing strategies include the selection of appropriate investments and retirement plans, as well as the timing of income and the purchase and sale of investments.
- Discuss various tax rates on investment income
- Review various tax strategies to minimize personal and corporate taxes payable
- Help select appropriate tax-efficient account types (e.g. RRSP, RRIF, TFSA, etc.)
- Discuss income splitting strategies
- Engage qualified tax professional(s)
- Examine charitable giving options
Managing risk is an important part of protecting your wealth, lifestyle and independence. The risk management process uses a variety of insurance strategies and investment solutions to protect you and your family by reducing the financial impact caused by potential adverse events such as disability, illness or death.
- Complete life insurance needs analysis
- Evaluate different types of life insurance and trust arrangements
- Consider your needs for business insurance
- Discuss long-term care insurance options
- Work with a licensed professional to provide appropriate life/disability/critical insurance solutions
- Review group life and health insurance plans
- Advise on the potential tax advantages of various insurance products
Saving for post-secondary education is an important milestone – whether it’s for a loved one or yourself. The education planning process allows you to prepare and save for the goal of post-secondary education and take advantage of government grants and investment vehicles that maximize the potential for tax-free growth.
- Complete needs analysis for education savings
- Evaluate the appropriate savings vehicle(s) (e.g. RESPs, trusts, etc.)
- Recommend appropriate investments
- Discuss government grant qualifications
Products and Services
Whatever your stage in life, Groupe Dubuc can help you feel financially assured with a variety of insurance products to meet your specific needs – whether it’s family protection, business continuity, estate preservation or investment solutions.
Products and services include:
- Segregated funds
- Life insurance: term, whole life, universal life
- Disability insurance: income replacement and business overhead protection
- Critical illness insurance: enhanced and basic plans
- Long-term care insurance: facility and home coverage
- Pension plans: group retirement plans, registered pension plans, deferred profit sharing plan and registered retirement savings plans
- Health care benefits for individuals and associations
- Annuities: term certain, life
Special Risk Insurance (Non Insurable Person)
- Life, Disability, Critical Illness
Problems getting insured?
Has your life insurance application been refused? Not sure if you qualify because of your health or your weight?
We have a turnkey solution with no medical exam needed
Manulife's Health and Dental insurance, or Critical Illness
Manulife Travel Insurance
Choose the plan that’s right for you:
FOR TRAVEL OUTSIDE YOUR HOME PROVINCE OR CANADA CHOOSE:
- Emergency Medical Plan that provides coverage for an unexpected medical emergency during your trip;
- Travel Canada Plan that provides emergency medical benefits at half the premium when all your travel is within Canada;
- All-Inclusive Plan if your plans include pre-paid travel arrangements. Includes Emergency Medical, Trip Cancellation and Interruption, Baggage Loss, Damage and Delay, and Flight and Travel Accident; or stand alone Trip Cancellation/Interruption coverage up to sum purchased for your pre-paid travel arrangements.
For Visitors to Canada choose:The level of Emergency Medical coverage that’s right for you with optional Trip Interruption
FOR FULL-TIME STUDENTS INCLUDING:
- International Students studying in Canada
- Canadian Students studying abroad
- Canadian Students studying in Canada but outside their principle province of residence
Travel insured with the Manulife Individual Medical Underwriting Plan.
Have you ever avoided travel or traveled without coverage for your pre-existing medical conditions? You could be eligible for the Manulife Individual Medical Underwriting Plan:
- Covers pre-existing medical conditions
- No stability period restriction
- Up to $10 million CAD of travel medical insurance
- No age restrictions to qualify
- No paper application; apply, get a quote and purchase over the phone
TO APPLY, YOU MUST:
- Provide your travel dates
- Answer questions about your medical conditions
- Provide the broker contact information shown below
- Call for a quote: 1-877-884-8283
BROKER CONTACT INFORMATION
Agency Name groupe dubuc
Agent’s Name philippe dubuc
Agency/Advisor Selling Code 146035
Phone Number 1 877 884 8283
Email Address email@example.com
* Plans underwritten by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company (Manulife) and First North American Insurance Company (FNAIC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Manulife.
List of our insurance carriers
- Manulife Financial
- Canada Life
- Great-West Life
- BMO Insurance
- Empire Life
- Sun Life
- Blue Cross
Manulife Securities Incorporated is one of Canada’s foremost independent investment dealers. Our firm commitment to service excellence coupled with our expansive product offering provides clients with choices tailored to fit their financial goals and advanced investment needs.
* Manulife Securities Incorporated is a member of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC).
Products and services include:
- New issues
- Fee-based wrap program
- Mutual funds
- Self-directed plans
- Masters Private Account Program
- Group RRSPs
- Monthly savings plans
- Money products: daily interest accounts, GICs, RRSPs, RRIFs, and LIFs
- Pension plans: group retirement plans, registered pension plans, deferred profit sharing plans
- Systematic withdrawal plans
- Other specialty investment products
- Banking (on referral basis)
- Telephone and online banking
Are your assets protected from creditors?
Legislation exists at both the federal and provincial level to protect your investments from creditors. Some offer strong protection, while others provide protection with conditions or limitations. Click here to read more.